"Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't but keep on dreamin' this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'." - ♥ Pretty Woman

Sunday, June 12, 2011

#67 Have Garage Passes to a NASCAR event


#67 Have Garage Passes to a NASCAR event - accomplished April 2011

Ever since I was little, I've always talked about getting garage passes/pit passes for a NASCAR event. From 1997 - 2000 I only got to watch qualifying when the races were in town; from 2001 - 2008 I only had race tickets! I always sat in the grand stands looking at those people in the garage area, thinking I wanna be down there and get to see all the excitement from a different angle.

November 2008 - November 2010 I had pit passes, but then in April 2011, I had a NASCAR officials stay with us at our hotel. Clint had made a comment about me being a Dale Jr fan, and one of the guys had given me a hard time about it. By the end of the night he said since I played along and handle the joke well, he was going to see if he could get me garage passes.

Well the next day when I came to work he stopped by the desk and he told me that I could go pick them up on Thursday, well I had to work so I wasn't able to enjoy the festivities until Friday, but I was ok with that!

I got to stand on pit road for both National Anthems, meet Dale Jr & Steve Letarte (my camera wouldn't work & he was in a big hurry and I felt bad for making him wait, but he was kind enough to wait, but of course the camera captured my funny face & not my smiling face), got to be in Victory Lane while David Ragan received his pole award, watch the race from Dale Jr's pit, meet Daytona 500 Winner, Trevor Bayne, & walk in the garage area (which I didn't think you could do) I was seriously a kid in a candy store all day Friday & Saturday. Every race fan should be able to experience this!

This was one amazing weekend! I can't wait to do it again! I'm not greedy and I don't assume I'll ever be able to do it again, but if I do I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment